Title: Beef Solutions Intern
Deadline to Apply:January 28, 2022. Submit Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Department:Beef Solutions, LLC
Overall Responsibility:Perform weekly in-store product samplings of Kentucky Cattlemen’s Ground Beef for our retail and foodservice partners. Locations include Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana & Illinois
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Promotion of Kentucky Cattlemen’s Ground Beef and the Kentucky Beef Industry
- Customer Service while sampling products
- Responsible for cooking and sampling Kentucky Cattlemen’s Ground Beef
- Travel to our Retail and Foodservice Partners – selling and cooking Kentucky Cattlemen’s Ground Beef
- Educational efforts for consumers by providing cooking demonstrations
- Coordinate, travel, and execute store samplings
- Consumer Communication
- Perform periodic store reviews for product quality assurance
- The staff person will be expected to work independently, but under the direction of the KCA Executive Vice President and Beef Solutions Staff.
- Will work with other staff to ensure that the all efforts are effectively coordinated and implemented.
- Schedule all in-store samplings with store managers and/or store contact.
- Intern must be available a minimum of 12 to 18 hours per week to execute in-store product quality assurance reviews and product samplings, most samplings will be on a weekend
- Must complete a minimum of (1) in-store samplings of Kentucky Cattlemen’s Ground Beef per week dependent on store availability. Samplings will take a minimum of two hours plus travel time and set up time at the store.
- Must be able to travel throughout KY, Southern Indiana, Southern Illinois, and Tennessee
- Complete ServeSafe training prior to first sampling
- Ability to cook ground beef to appropriate temperature to ensure complete food safety
- Ability to communicate essential information in a timely manner through written and verbal communication.
- Experience in Human Nutrition with Agriculture background preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Adobe, Publisher, Internet, Social Media
Term of Employment:
- Internship (January – May) with potential to extend internship into summer
- Part to Full time depending on schedule