Kentucky Beef Council Director of Consumer Affairs
The Kentucky Beef Council represents over 38,000 beef farmers across the state. The charge of KBC is to enhance beef demand through promotion, consumer and industry education, market development, producer education, research and foreign marketing.
Manage the day-to-day programs of the Kentucky Beef Council in order to promote and educate consumers, influencers and producers about beef.The Director of Consumer Affairs will work with national staff to utilize checkoff resources while working as a team member that represents the Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association, Kentucky Beef Network, as well as the Kentucky Beef Council.
- This is a state-wide effort and will require state-wide travel.
- Event planning and coordination for consumer outreach events such as Derby Festival, Beef Month, State Fair, and other events throughout the year.
- Collaborate with Digital Strategist in campaign development and aligning promotional events with advertising and marketing opportunities that would include social media, Cow Country News, advertising and other digital campaigns.
- Educational efforts for consumer, health influencer, educator, and student audiences by providing classroom visits, cooking demonstrations, trainings, and material distribution.
- Nutrition related programs including but not limited to healthy influencer outreach, the coordination of Kentucky Team Beef, and the planning and collaborating of events with the American Heart Association and Kentucky Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Travel and participate in health fairs, food shows, state and county fairs, festivals (Derby Festival), media tour and other promotional events
- Public Relations - Represents the KBC to various beef, ag industry and consumer audiences as well as trade and consumer media.
- Reputation and Issues Management
- Producer Communications - to communicate the value and return on investment of the checkoff dollars.
- Responsible for general office duties related to the programs.
- The staff person will be expected to work independently, but under the direction of the Director of Communications.
- Will work with other staff to ensure that all efforts are effectively coordinated and implemented.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with food science\human nutrition with agriculture background preferred.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication. Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of social media usage including Facebook, Twitter, etc., and working knowledge of digital marketing. Must be willing to conduct television, radio, and in-person interviews.
Send resumes with a cover letter by February 25 to:
The Kentucky Beef Council c/o Carey Brown
176 Pasadena Dr., Suite 4
Lexington, KY 40503