Interested in an Internship at KCA?Our internships are offered during the spring, summer and fall semesters and are ideal for students who want to explore careers in the beef cattle industry. Students who are interested can send their resume and cover letter to Nikki Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will keep the information on file until the next internship cycle.
Title: Director of Education
Location: This position will be housed in the KCA Office – Lexington, KY
Consults With: This position will work independently, but under the direction of the Executive Vice President.
Overview: The Director of Education is at the forefront of advocating state-wide for Kentucky’s 38,000 beef farm families, with the objective of increasing beef demand through promotion, consumer and industry education, market development, and research.
Overall Responsibility: This position will be responsible for directing and creating educational opportunities for youth, consumers, and beef producers. Assist and facilitate with other staff members to tell the beef story and enhance beef’s image through curriculum and program participation. This position will also serve as the Kentucky Junior Cattlemen’s Association Advisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for development, implementation and execution of marketing plans and budgets within areas of focus; ensuring that projects and accounts are managed cost-effectively to maintain the organization's financial objectives.
- Report on areas of focus to all appropriate boards, committees and oversite agencies.
- Provide educators and influencers with beef curriculum, information, materials, immersive experiences and professional development trainings to help communicate a positive beef message to students.
- Create and facilitate virtual learning experiences with corresponding teaching materials.
- Communicate with and attend county cattlemen events, livestock marketing meetings, and other producer education programs to provide producers with up-to-date information on the Federal and State Checkoff.
- Serve as a liaison for other education driven bodies such as Kentucky FFA, Kentucky 4-H Livestock Programs, Kentucky Department of Education, KY Agriculture and Environment in the Classroom, National Institute for Animal Agriculture, Masters of Beef Advocacy etc.
- Kentucky Junior Cattlemen’s Association Advisor
- Plan, lead, oversee and fundraise for KY Junior Cattlemen’s Association activities such as Fall Classic, Leadership Camp, Convention, etc.
- Plan and lead group immersive experiences such as Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium and Young Beef Leaders Program.
- Communicate program updates through Cow Country News, KJCA social media, and reporting to KCA leadership.
- Oversee the direction and planning of The YARDS classroom.
- Coordinate and implement programs and events in The YARDS Classroom.
- Work with staff at Bluegrass Regional Marketplace to execute programs and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in education and certified to teach in Kentucky
- Experience working/directing youth programs
- Experience with or knowledge of KY’s beef cattle industry
- Ability to create traditional and nontraditional curriculum framework
- Ability to speak to a wide audience – specifically youth, consumers, and beef producers.
- Ability to research and develop fundraising opportunities.
To Apply, Submit
- A letter of interest to Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association, 176 Pasadena Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40503, along with an updated resume, including work history; and (3) three names, with addresses and phone numbers, of references.
- Deadline to submit: September 27, 2021
- Email submissions to: email@example.com