Eden Shale Farm Summer Intern
Kentucky Beef Network
Support the day-to-day operations of the Kentucky Beef Network in order to protect, advance and be a strong voice for all of Kentucky’s beef producers. This job requires working with the KBN grant programs and Eden Shale Farm. It will also require working with staff from the Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association, Kentucky Beef Council and the University of Kentucky.
- Assist with the daily operation of Eden Shale Farm
- To include working cattle, operating hay equipment, sprayer and batwing mower, and hosting field days.
- Execute livestock responsibilities: including but not limited to: feeding and treatment of animals, rotating cattle to new pastures, cleaning and maintenance of livestock waterers and mineral feeders.
- Tractor operation skills including making hay, spraying & mowing pastures.
- Implement KBN Programs as they relate to KBN X
- The intern will be expected to work independently, but under the direction of the Eden Shale Farm Manager, KBN Industry Coordinator & KBN Director.
- Will work with other staff to ensure that the all efforts are effectively coordinated and implemented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Internet
- Ability to communicate essential information in a timely manner through written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform manual labor as it relates to production farming
- Ability to travel to Eden Shale Farm daily, no on farm housing provided
- Beef Quality and Care Assurance or Beef Quality Assurance Number
Term of Employment
- Summer Internship (May-August)
Please send resume with a letter of interest by April 5 to:
Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association
Attn: Internship Position
176 Pasadena Dr., Suite 4
Lexington, KY 40503