Kentucky Cattlemen's Association
This entry level position will be responsible for performing general administrative duties around the office and making sure the office runs smoothly and efficiently for all members and staff.
- Responsible for working with the Executive Vice President preparing letters, reports and industry data as necessary
- Taking over administrative responsibilities for the Livestock Advertising Network to include:
- Monthly reporting
- Maintaining database records
- Coordinating the submission of proposals
- Tracking sales progress
- Serving as a liaison between traveling sales representatives and staff
- Ensures operation of office by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs, maintaining inventories, evaluating new equipment
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Manage calendar and travel arrangements for staff
- Answer calls
- Bank Deposit preparation
- The coordinator will be expected to work independently, but under the direction of the Executive Vice-President and Publication Coordinator
- Daily activities are conducted with a high degree of independence. The position is advised and consulted on matters of urgency, sensitivity, or controversy.
- 2+ years of hands on administrative support experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Requires strong computer and internet research skills
- Administrative writing skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our members and internal staff
- Self motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to work well with all staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required
A letter of interest to Mr. David Maples, c/o Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association, 176 Pasadena Drive, Lexington, Kentucky 40503, (859) 278-0899, along with: (1) Academic Transcript; (2) Updated Resume, including work history; and (3) three names, with addresses and phone numbers, of references.
Screening of the applications will begin February 17 and continue until a qualified applicant is selected.
Kentucky Beef Council
Support the day-to-day operations of the office in order to promote and educate consumers and producers about beef. This position may also require working some weekend events.
- Public Relations: Assist with the publication of KBC’s newsletter Beef Brief, Beef in the Bluegrass blog, and social media outreach
- Retail and Foodservice Promotions: Participate in necessary preparation for promotions such as Lexington and Louisville Burger Weeks
- Education: Prepare and teach beef production, nutrition, and/or cooking lessons for youth programs
- Event Planning: Help plan outreach events such as health fairs, food shows, state and county fairs, festivals, and other promotional and nutritional events
- General Office Duties: Responsible for general office duties such as answering phones, making copies, filing, sending mailings and running errands
- Travel: Must be willing and able to travel alongside KBC staff and independently, sometimes overnight and on weekends
- The intern will be expected to work independently, but under the direction of the Executive Vice President and KBC staff.
- Will work with other staff to ensure that the all efforts are effectively coordinated and implemented. Must also be open to working with KCA staff when needed.
- Intern must be available each day of the Kentucky State Fair, August 17th – August 27th, 2017.
Prior arrangements must be made in advance for missing classes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Social Media (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred but not required)
- Ability to communicate essential information in a timely manner through written and verbal communication
- Required to report to office each day unless instructed otherwise, working remotely is not permitted
Terms of Empolyment
- Internship (April – September)
- Full time during the summer and part time during the spring and fall
Please send resume with three references, cover letter, and transcript (unofficial accepted) by March 3, 2016 to:
Kiah Twisselman: Director of Consumer Affairs, email@example.com